Sunday, 5 February 2017
Thursday, 26 January 2017
Thursday, 19 January 2017
Wednesday, 4 January 2017
Sunday, 5 June 2016
Friday, 3 June 2016
Tuesday, 31 May 2016
Sunday, 29 May 2016
Friday, 8 April 2016
Fill in the gaps with the proper phrasal verbs from the table at the right (several options are sometimes possible):
1. It took her a while to __________ him.
2. Listen everyone, it's time to stop talking and __________ with our class.
3. Children, it's time to stop playing around and finally _______ studying.
4. Wake up! It's time to __________ ! You'll miss the class!
5. Although I couldn't speak the language, I managed to _________my meaning _______ when necessary.
6. Our new boss is very easy to __________ .
7. __________ from the stove, it's very hot!
8. Don't let these problems _____you _________ too much.
9. According to Fitness Magazine, there are eight simple ways to _________ belly bloat.
10. Do you have enough to __________ this month?
11. It is hard to __________ without a car.
12. I've just telephoned her but couldn't __________ .
13. My little brown dog hid where no one was able to __________ , so we had to ask for help.
14. I don't know how, but the secret somehow __________ .
15. Be kind and __________ from my lawn!
16. When do you usually __________ in the morning?
17. I always __________ the stuff I don't need or give them away to some charity organisation.
18. I don't think I can really __________ what you're saying. Could you please explain it in more details?
19. Tom won't __________ with his crime, I'm pretty sure for that!
20. Ok people stop talking please and let's __________ business now.
21. I think my parents don't have any problems. I think they __________ now.
22. I suppose I'll __________ early today and go fishing if my boss allows.
23. The teacher's always __________ me about my spelling.
24. He kept talking to me and I couldn't get away from him.
25. You won't __________ with your fraud and you know it!
26. The files are locked away and I can't __________ them.
27. We'll have to __________ the problem of fixing our washing machine first.
28. My grandmother needs a stick to __________ .
29. I didn't succeed to ______ my message_________ to my students.
30. She didn't __________ the bus I think. She actually missed the right station!
31. Ok, people let's __________ the text again, shall we?
Friday, 25 March 2016
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
Fill in the sentences with the proper forms of the verbs to be and to have.
· I_________ very hot in here. Could you turn some air-conditioning on?
· All of my friends_________cell phones! I really need one!
· Susan__________one son and two daughters.
· You__________a very nice dress!
· There_________so many places I'd like to visit soon.
· We__________lots of chores to do today.
· You __________ great marks. I think you're getting better.
· These tasks_________too difficult for us!
· It________very hot and sunny outside.
· There________some unusual spots on it. Come to see it.
· They_________ a nice couple.
· My daughter_________two
· The pot ______very hot so
· We_________lots of new
products to offer.
· My friends________ very kind.